Meal planning has made our lives so much better.
It not only helps us save money. It has taught us how to eat healthier and tastier foods. Sure, it’s great to experiment on various recipes every now and then. However, you’d be surprised to find out that this one tip makes meal planning a whole lot easier.
The secret? Make the same recipe every weekday. Yep. You read it right. We just learned this nifty trick from The Kitchn and let us tell you that we couldn’t agree more.
First, making the same meal every weeknight takes away the burden of thinking about what to eat. You could easily memorize the ingredients once you keep cooking it. So a trip to the store becomes faster. Plus, you don’t have to stress over meals ever again.
Second, don’t be too quick to judge that you’ll get fed up with these meals. On the contrary, it’s all about selecting the right recipes that won’t tire your taste buds right away. To give you an idea, here’s what The Kitchn cooked up:
- Bell peppers stuffed with a quinoa-lentil-spinach mixture and baked with mozzarella on top.
- Maifun rice noodles with avocado-basil sauce and crispy tofu cubes.
- Black bean tacos with cabbage-lime slaw and guacamole, topped with dollops of plain Greek yogurt.
- Kimchi fried rice with sautéed kale and soft-boiled eggs.
- Spaghetti with The Kitchn’s homemade marinara, spruced up with sautéed greens, canned wild-caught American tuna and fresh Parmesan.
Third, making the same recipe every weeknight gives you room to experiment on weekends. Finally, you can try out that Mexican dish you’ve been meaning to cook. Maybe then, you could switch some of those weekday recipes with your latest kitchen concoction.
image source: thekitchn.com