As an avid eater and shopper, the biggest mistake you can make is to go to the grocery hungry and without a plan.
You’re bound to make unhealthy choices while you’re in there.
If you’re trying to live a better life, meal planning is the way to go. Not just any meal plan but a healthy one. Here’s a sample shopping list and recipe set thanks to Wellness Mama.
Your Week Meal Plan:
- Monday: Tacos served on Romaine Lettuce with salsa or chopped tomatoes, onions and sour cream, cheese and hot sauce (all optional)
- Tuesday: Chicken Stir Fry With Chicken, Onions, Squash, and Broccoli
- Wednesday: Pork Chops with baked apples served with spinach salad
- Thursday: Chili and salad
- Friday: Baked Fish of choice with baked cauliflower and sweet potatoes
- Saturday: Roast with Onions served with sweet potato fries, broccoli and salad
- Sunday: Baked Chicken, Broccoli, and winter squash
Your Shopping List:
3 lbs ground beef or turkey
8 chicken breasts or 16 thighs
One 3-4 pound roast of choice
2 pork chops
2 servings fish of choice
2 medium size sweet potatoes
1 medium to large winter squash
1 bag carrots
1 bag onions
1 red pepper (optional)
1 Small bag of apples
2 or more heads Romaine Lettuce
1 Large bag or box of spinach
2 medium or 1 large zucchini or squash
2-3 tomatoes (optional)
3-4 lbs frozen broccoli
3-4 lbs frozen cauliflower
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
1 pound butter (organic is best)
sour cream (optional)
3 dozen eggs
Cumin (spice aisle)
Chili Powder (spice aisle)
Hot sauce (optional)
Be sure to shop whole, organic and fresh ingredients as much as you can. It would help to find bargain items so you can save up a few bucks as well. If you create meal plans for a family, be sure to remind them of the benefits of healthy meal planning. It may be a hard transition at first but the rewards are limitless.
Practice this healthy meal plan and live by it. You’ll be feeling a lot better in no time!
image source: wellnessmama.com