Slow cookers aren’t given enough credit around here.
Most people believe they need tons of pans, pots or their oven to cook a scrumptious meal. However, it’s not always the case. Slow cookers can give you an equally tasty and healthy meal — minus the extra dish washing.
What we like most about slow cooker meals is that you can dump all the ingredients in one pot and let it cook away whilst you do everything else. So if you’ve been looking for the ultimate, no-sweat “dump” meals, then look no further.
I Am That Lady has created a well-thought out meal plan that will only require you a slow cooker. Ready to get your minds blown?
Here are sample recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
2 lbs. pot roast or chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat.
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
2 tsp of minced ginger (or 1/2 tsp ground ginger)
4 green onions, sliced into 2-inches pieces
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Combine beef, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic and ginger in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove the meat from the liquid and place on a cutting board.
- Shred meat and remove any excess fat. Cover meat to keep it hot.
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together 2 Tbsp corn starch with 4 Tbsp water.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker to the sauce pan and heat over medium, whisking constantly.
- Once it bubbles and thickens, pour the thickened sauce into the slow cooker and mix.
- Add some of the sauce from the slow cooker over the meat.
- Serve the beef over rice, and top with the cooked green onions.
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
2 – 2.5 lbs. boneless pork loin
1/2 onion sliced
1 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 16 oz. bottle BBQ sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 cup water
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cook on medium for 6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
- Shred and enjoy!
- Slow Cooker Paprika Chicken
2-3 lbs. chicken drumsticks or thighs
3-4 russett potatoes, peeled and chopped into cubes
2-3 carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
1 onion, sliced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp paprika
2 Tbsp butter, cut into cubes
1 tsp worchestershire
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Chicken Bullion cube
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sour cream
- Add all ingredients (except the sour cream) into the slow cooker.
- Mix to evenly distribute the spices.
- Cook on high for 4 hours (or medium for 6, or low for 8).
- Remove chicken and vegetables from the slow cooker.
- Add sour cream to the remaining liquid and whisk.
- Pour some of the gravy over the top of the chicken and vegetables and serve.
image source: iamthatlady.com